Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Really Cruddy Problem

Ever have something break down on you? Something that you just...can't live without? Well, maybe that's putting it too strongly. I mean, I can surely live without it, but it just sucks to not have it around. That's kinda how I feel about my PlayStation 3.

Sure, it's just a game console, but the thing's brought me a lot of joy over the years that I've used it. I get more play time out of that shiny black box than I do anything else that's in my room. And then comes last night...

I was sitting there, minding my business, playing some Assassin's Creed 2, and then POW! The system just...died. Three beeps, the system turned off, and that was it. Hours and hours of hard, fun gameplay down the tubes.

Turning to the almighty, all-encompassing resources the internet provides, I find that this problem is affectionately called the "Blinking Red Lights of Death". Cute, isn't it?

There must have been some kind of overheating problem, and then the system had a...meltdown, I suppose you could say. The really awful thing about it is that the system refuses to turn on, and so I am left with a $600 paperweight.

Not even the save data stored "safely" on the PS3's internal hard drive is safe; I will end up losing it all after I send it off to be repaired.

A funeral service will be held for the broken PS3; flowers and donations are welcome.

Hehe, in all seriousness, I don't actually mind. Even shelling out the $180 for the system repairs isn't that bad a thing really, because I simply love my hobby enough that a small setback like this won't stop the joy I get from discovering what more the gaming industry has to offer me.

Here's hoping this whole mess is resolved soon!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks, hehe. Not like a lost loved one or pet...but it's still a pain! But thank you!

    ReplyDelete