Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Good Start

Well! My very first post on my very first blog. It's funny thinking how many of the web's "superstars" had their start doing this exact same thing that I'm doing now. This kinda reminds me of the one movie I'd just seen, and though I am a little embarassed to admit it, Julie & Julia was a terrific movie. The whole thing, for those who don't know, starts with a woman living in the present day who decides to get some reprieve from her tedious job by blogging each day about how she's cooking from Julia Child's recipe book (The Joy of Cooking, I think?). Each day, she does a new recipe...and magically, the blog becomes more and more popular as she slogs through each recipe, to the point where media and even Julia Childs herself eventually gives her some form of recognition (Although I won't spoil exactly what happens!). It's strange to think that could have happened in real life...and it did! The movie's based on a true story.

That means that this first blog post really does represent a world of possibility. Maybe this blog will live and flourish, and maybe it will die; it all depends on me, really.

This will have to do for now though. I've got to say, it feels good to finally have a blog I can call my own; a genuine little corner of the internet I can stretch out in.

More to come!

For now though, I'm just gonna contemplate what I want from this blog, and what I can contribute to it. We'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment